My Insurance or Yours?
Filing a claim with another person's insurance company
Call the claims center of the other driver's insurance company when you are calm and have some time to spare. If you don't have the phone number for claims already, try searching online or call us at Olsen Auto Body and we can help find a phone number for you.
Before calling, have the following ready:
- Pen and paper
- Your insurance and vehicle information
- Policy Number and vehicle information for the other driver
- Date of accident
- Location of accident
- Details of accident
The person on the phone will walk you through the process and ask you the necessary questions. Make sure to take down the following information:
- Name of person you’re speaking with
- Phone number of the person you’re speaking with
- Claim Number (this will be different than their policy number)
- Best person to contact with questions regarding the claim and there phone number
After the claim is made call Olsen Auto Body for an estimate or for guidance on the next steps to take. There are many ways an insurance company may handle your claim. We will go through some different scenarios in a future post.
Thanks for reading!